Monday 8 April 2013

Beginning of my adventures (island Kalymnos)

A week ago me and my Mum came to a beautiful island called Kalymnos. It is a Greek island in Aegean Sea between the island of Kos and the island of Leros.



I liked the island because of all the stunning views over the mountains and the sea.  The houses are really pretty and are very traditional. The people in Kalymnos are very friendly and hospitable and I have made 6 friends already.



Kalymnos isn't a very big island. It has an area of 109 km sq and has a population of about 10,000 people.

Kalymnians are quite religious people and there are 300 churches and 5 monasteries  on the island. The majority of Kalymnians are Greek Orthodox.



We have already visited the monastery of Agious Savvas but I will tell you about it and show you the pictures in my next post. 

17 comments:

  1. Wow! so many churches for just 10 000 people! that's really impressive! there are villages in Ukraine without even 1 church (though not as many people too, but anyway!)

    Nice pictures! :)

    Have you learned some Greek to communicate with your friends?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have, thank you. I have learned how to say hello and goodbye, thank you, you are welcome and i can count to 10. But I am planning to learn more!

      Delete
  2. Those pictures are so peaceful and bright!It seems that it is never rains there...in Ireland its raining almost every day(bet you, you know that!)And what are you eating with your friends? Looks like a toast with chocolate spread;-)Have a good time in Greece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is toast with chocolate spread, hope you read more of my posts.

      Delete
  3. Wow that place looks wonderful

    by Connor Abraham

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really wonderful actually conner.

      Delete
  4. Hi Sasha, you look like you are having fun. I want to go too. I like the look of your favourite sweet. Do you prefer English food or Greek food? The buildings look very pretty. Hope you are enjoying the nice hot sunshine; we don't have any, just fog and rain.

    Sophie Stephens

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi son, loving your blog and very happy you are having a wonderful time..take care of those rabbits..love and miss you loads x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. yhos plasiss are rille nice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Sasha how are you when are you posting your next blog on oh and your favourite sweet looks lush
    From SophieDavies

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've just wrote not long ago my mum hasn't put the pictures on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi sasha hope your having a wonderful time in kalymnos im wel jel
    From
    Sophiedavies

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello sasha, this looks amazing I hope u had a good time and that u are having a good time at ur new house and school

    From rachel suttie xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete